Thursday, May 29, 2008

He is better!

Phew. Poor kid was the sickest I have ever seen him. He is not 100%, maybe not even 70%, but he is on the mend. I am so relieved.

The weather has smartened up, and I've had the chance to get out since my boy is on the mend. Since today was my only chance to get out alone for the next week and a half at least, I decided to go to Moraine Lake. I had never been before, but I know that it gets busy. They only open the road up there from June to October, so I have been stalking the website to get a jump on things. I checked yesterday and saw that the road was open.

So I got up at 5 am this morning to hit the road and get up there at a decent time. I saw tons of animals on the way, but they were all off the highway so it wasn't safe to stop. Figures. There was a coyote in the meridan, deer and elk. Once I got to Moraine Lake, there were two cars in the entire parking lot. Definitely worth getting up early. Anyway, here's the pictures from today. I'm not thrilled with them, the sky exposure isn't quite right but I am too tired to mess with it right now, and I wanted to post.

The lake in question:
Moriane18mm2

A friendly neighbourhood squirrel:
Squirrel

A picture I took after I shat myself thinking this was a bear, I have no idea what it is, I'm guessing a beaver:
What is this?

And Danny enjoying his ice cream cone:
Danny Ice Cream

No comments: