Friday, May 9, 2008

Yeah, I'm an idiot.

So today we stopped off at the flower store, and got my mom some Mother's Day flowers. The nice lady at the flower store gave the boys each a red carnation too. Jake proclaimed today, "Boy's day!" and was absolutely thrilled. Danny was thrilled too, until he broke his flower on the way out, and had a fit. My Dad taped it back together when we got there and all was well again.

Since my parents live out of the city, I usually drag the boys for a drive down a few country roads on our way home, to see what we can see, and so I can take pictures. So we find a few cool shorebirds, and one in particular that wasn't the least bit shy. I take a bunch of pictures, and we head home. I upload them onto the computer and realize that I had neglected to change my camera settings from manual to auto when I switched out the lens. The pictures are so overexposed that no amount of photoshopping is going to save them. Sigh.

We did head out to Johnson's Lake last weekend, for a picnic and a hike, so I'll share a couple of pictures from there.

The ice receeding:
Lake and Ice

The crocus's blooming:
Mountain Crocus

Boys being boys:
Wrestlemania

No comments: