Thursday, May 22, 2008

Okay, the last of them...

Here is the end of the roll, so to speak. I apologize if you are tired of looking at cowboys. It has been pouring here most of the week, and that is supposed to continue into the weekend, so coming up with some picture ideas is going to be a challenge. It looks like the boys are going to be my muses, at least until Daniel tells me to "take pictures of your flowers, please".

Also, I haven't had a chance to run these through photoshop. I know some people think photoshop is cheating, but I kind of see it as a digital darkroom. My goal in taking a picture is trying to get it as close to the moment I see as possible. If I have to use photoshop to make that happen, then I will.

Jake on the horse, looking much more relaxed then he was at first:
DSC_0794

A beautiful end to the day:
DSC_0915

On the way up to the windmills the next morning, my dad made fun of me for taking this shot, and probably for good reason, lol:
DSC_0951

The windmills....see my Dad's truck at the bottom? I couldn't run far enough away to get the entire blade in frame with my 50mm lens:
DSC_0960

So there it is. I am glad I took so many pictures, since it might be the last time there is a branding. I hope that is not the case, I have so many wonderful memories on that farm. My Mom grew up there, and I spent a lot of time wandering the land as a child. I had kind of hoped for the same thing for my boys.

1 comment:

kim said...

Pictures are AWESOME Tracey!!! I am loving me some prairie sky! It reminds me of home. Thanks!