Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And now he is six.

I don't know why this birthday seems like such a big one. Six. 1/3 of the way to 18. I asked him if he is going to be too big to hug and kiss me now, and he says "I'll never be too big to hug and kiss you Mom, even when I am a teenager". I love this kid so much it feels like someone is squeezing my heart when I think about it too much. He is an awesome, awesome kid. Here he is, growing up:

103_0389

DSC03731

DSC05306

100_0352

100_6395

Helmet On

Classic Jacob

Every night I thank my lucky stars that he is my son. He is wise beyond his years, empathetic, and caring. He always knows the right thing to say at the right time. His intelligence astounds me, as does his athletic ability. My only athletic ability is to fall right on my ass, so it continually amazes me that something that come from me is such a natural athlete. He hasn't met a sport he doesn't like. From curling to golf to hockey, he is all about it. Thank you Jacob, for teaching me so much these past six years, I only hope that I have been half the mom to you, as the son you've been to me. I love you buddy.

No comments: