Thursday, December 11, 2008

My birthday present came!!

I used my birthday moola to buy a new lens. I have this nasty guilty feeling in my tummy over it (sheesh, can you tell I have kids? Tummy? Seriously?) because there are a hundred other things crying out for money right now. I am a firm believer that if you are given money for a birthday, you should spend it on a gift for yourself. That is what I would want done if I was on the giving end of things, so that is what I did. /End justification.

So anyway, it came in the mail yesterday, and I pulled it out for a few test shots. For once, Danny obliged! In his own way, as you can see...
I Scary!
Helpy Helperton

I feel bad that I don't have many pictures of Jake to share. I am pretty much anti flash, and by the time he gets home from school and gets his video games in (he has to wear a patch to help strengthen his eye, and this is the way to get it done with the least amount of whining) it is dark outside. This new lens might work a little better in the hockey arena, so we'll see if we can get some action shots out of it. He is really kicking butt in hockey right now, he has come a long way since September. And he really loves it soooooo much.

This new lens has a really close focus, so I can take almost macro shots. I took it outside to try, but really everything is just sad and dead at this time of the year.
Too many nights not enough days
Letting go

It is supposed to hit -30 this weekend, which should make getting up at 6:30 to go to hockey practice even funner. Wish us luck!

No comments: