Saturday, December 6, 2008

Danny, the pilferer

Danny has an obsession with all things kitchen. He is always in the drawers or cupboards, pulling out pots and pans or anything else he can find. Which is fine unless I am trying to cook in the kitchen and almost break my neck on a pan lid. Normally he is pretty good about putting things back where he found them. There was one incident with a can opener that resurfaced months later in Jake's golf bag, and there is currently an issue with two whisks that are mia. So maybe he isn't so good about clean up after all.

So last week he was making rice.

My Garlic Press

Why yes, that is my garlic press. And yes, that is play dough he is pumping through it. For the record, I am not a big play dough fan. I'm not even sure where he is finding it, but weekly he comes up to me with a little tub of it begging for it to be opened. And I am not man enough to weather the tantrum that will ensue if I don't comply, so I do. Then I wait for all the little bits and pieces to dry up, and I vacuum it up and hope that was the last little container of play dough kicking around.

Danny Kitchen

Here he is spreading the mess throughout his kitchen. Apparently good food can't be made without making a mess.

What--

I swear I can almost hear him saying "What? What Mom?" in this picture. "What do you mean, my play dough isn't supposed to be going through your garlic press? But look how good it works!"

Note the rolling pin in the background. I guess I should just be thankful that he didn't steamroll that play dough right into his Ikea carpet.

1 comment:

Lia said...

haha thats so cute! Future chef perhaps.