Friday, April 3, 2009

Drunken birds.

At least that is what I'm going to tell myself. These birds were eating rotten apples from my neighbours tree. They are called cedar waxwings, and are Jake's very favorite bird in all the land. So I grabbed my camera and snuck into the back yard to take some pictures for him.

Lunchtime

I'd take a picture, then sneak a step or two closer, then take another picture. Normally these birds are pretty skittish, but they weren't all taking off. One or two would fly away, but such is the nature of birds. I heard a thump occasionally, but I thought it was a rotten apple falling off the tree. Until I saw one of the birds crash into my neighbours full length window.

Cedars

Then my neighbour came outside to see what was going on, so I hid my camera and snuck into the house. I'm hoping I didn't contribute to the kamikaze bird mission, and I really didn't want him to think I was. Then my Mom told my that the birds were probably all kooky from the fermented apples. I felt a little better, so here's hoping the kamikazes woke up with a hangover and a bit of a head ache.

No comments: